The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown a wrench in most people’s plans for the year. If you were thinking of a move to senior living prior to the pandemic, you might be trying to decide if it’s still a good idea. Since the beginning of the year, we’ve learned a lot about infection prevention and protocols to reduce the risk for older adults living in our communities. We’re seeing an infection rate that is lower than our state’s average. And, we’re hearing from our new residents the reasons why they’ve decided to make a move (and the reasons they feel good about their decision).
- If you know where you want to be, now is your time! Chances are you can get into your desired community and your dream apartment layout might be available.
- You can avoid the grocery store and the added burden of meal planning and household chores by taking advantage of our catered meal service and housekeeping plans.
- Say “goodbye” to the hassles of home maintenance and shoveling during our midwest winters. When visits from family members or service providers are difficult because of shelter in place orders or severe weather, you won’t be stuck with challenging home repairs or lawn care on your own.
- We’re not the Geek Squad, but our concierge desk and onsite team can help you with using technology to connect with family & friends.
- When making health care appointments gets more difficult, you’ll enjoy the ease of access to health care and health care coordination from our onsite care team and partners.
- Get peace of mind with daily wellness checks and 24/7 staffing in case of emergencies.
- Access to the countless indoor and outdoor amenities such as the beauty salon, fitness center and walking paths will help you stay active and healthy.
- You’re surrounded by a trained team following detailed safety precautions including: daily sanitizing protocols, visitor and staff screening, and immediate access to an ample supply of protective equipment.
- You can beat the boredom of being at home alone by adding some structure to your day with scheduled virtual and in-person activities in a senior living community.
- The reasons you were considering making a move prior to the pandemic are still just as important as they were before it started.
Ready to make the move? Click here to schedule an in-person or virtual tour at your closest Cherrywood Pointe community!