Cherrywood Pointe offers Ebenezer’s Dimension Program® to residents and family members in our Cherrywood Pointe communities. This exclusive program stresses the importance of understanding the needs of a person with dementia, and trains caregivers to respond to them with compassion and creativity.
The Dimensions Program is designed to ensure that our memory care residents receive exceptional, compassionate care that meets them where they are. Our evidence-based practices include:
- Wellness: person-centered, relationship-based care with an emphasis on hydration and nutrition for all dementia patients to ensure their comfort and well-being
- Training: delivering innovative, ongoing hands-on education to our staff
- Engagement: Fostering purposeful, pleasurable, creative interactions/activities
- Environment: Creating calm, seeking psychosocial solutions/support
- Education and Support: Providing education and support to families and care partners
Our Corporate Dimensions Coordinator oversees the multi-faceted program, and a Dimensions Manager implements and champions its principles at each community. Our goal is to make a dramatic difference in the life of your loved one.
MEET OUR DIMENSIONS MANAGER
Kelsey began working with older adults in 2006 when starting her first job as a Dietary Aide in a care center. She started working specifically in Memory Care in 2012, first as a Caregiver and then as an Activity Coordinator. Kelsey has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Metropolitan State University and plans to continue her education with the goal of obtaining a Master’s Degree in the future. Kelsey provides leadership and supervision to Cherrywood Pointe’s direct care team members, as well as community members in our Dimensions neighborhood. She also implements and maintains the Dimensions Program by training and educating the care team, working with the nurses to ensure residents’ needs are being met, and working with the Activity Department to ensure community members are engaged, while also promoting independence.