We are proud to offer Ebenezer’s Dimension Program® to residents and family members in our Cherrywood Pointe communities. This exclusive program stresses the importance of understanding the needs of a person with dementia, and trains caregivers to respond to them with compassion and creativity.
The Dimensions Program is designed to ensure that our memory care residents receive exceptional, compassionate care that meets them where they are. Our evidence-based practices include:
- Wellness: person-centered, relationship-based care with an emphasis on hydration and nutrition for all dementia patients to ensure their comfort and well-being
- Training: delivering innovative, ongoing hands-on education to our staff
- Engagement: Fostering purposeful, pleasurable, creative interactions/activities
- Environment: Creating calm, seeking psychosocial solutions/support
- Education and Support: Providing education and support to families and care partners
Our Corporate Dimensions Coordinator oversees the multi-faceted program, and a Dimensions Manager implements and champions its principles at each community. Our goal is to make a dramatic difference in the life of your loved one.
MEET OUR DIMENSIONS MANAGER
Melissa has six years of experience in Assisted Living and Memory Care and finds joy in making genuine connections with residents and their families. She makes it her goal to make their day the best that it can be! Melissa grew up in Newton, Iowa and has a Bachelor of Science Degree from Iowa State University in Family and Child Services. Her experience as an Activity Director and a Memory Care Household Coordinator has prepared her for her role as our Dimensions Manager in our Memory Care neighborhood. “It is an honor to be a part of the lives of older adults, and I’m grateful for the ways we influence each other’s lives.” Outside of work, Melissa enjoys spending time with her boyfriend and kids, time with friends, and traveling to Iowa to visit family. She loves to travel, enjoys time outside, and listening to any kind of live music.
To meet our Dimensions Manager and schedule a tour of our Memory Care at Cherrywood Pointe of Forest Lake, contact us here.