When you love to cook (and eat!) you can’t help but share that love and that joy with others. Chef Jerry at Cherrywood Pointe of Roseville at Lexington does a cooking demonstration for one of his favorite recipes, Coconut Macaroons. You can watch the video of his demonstration on our YouTube channel by clicking here. Here’s the recipe so you can follow along with Jerry and make your own sweet treat!
Yields 2 dozen cookies
4 Egg whites
1/8 tsp Salt
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
3 ½ cups Shredded Coconut
1) Beat egg whites and salt on high spread until frothy using the whip attachment.
2) Combine sugars and add gradually to egg whites.
3) Add vanilla. Continue beating on high speed until stiff.
4) Carefully fold in coconut on low speed.
5) Portion onto light greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6) Bake at 325⁰ F for about 15 minutes.